RootsMagic 9 Mistakenly Identifies Me as A 2nd Cousin Twice Removed

I’ve just signed in to RM 9, I’m the root person, but the database identifies me as my own second cousin twice removed. Relationships from there are off accordingly. I cannot seem to find any way to set the Root Person to Self so that it calculates relationships correctly. Any advice would be fantastic.

Click on yourself to highlight you & right click. From the drop down select ‘position’…‘Set Root Person’.

Have done that, but it doesn’t change it.

Click the palette icon in the upper right, type ‘Set Relationships’ then click on the result. Make sure you are the person listed and set the relationships.

1 Like

That worked. It had me populated in the field, but had to click set relationships, and it now identified me as Self. Thank you very much. I don’t know that I ever would have found that without your help!

Set Relationships and Root Person are two totally different concepts in RM. You can do a Set Relationships relative to the Roots Person if you want to do so. But you don’t have to do so. And most people do set both the Set Relationships person and the Roots Person to themselves. But again, you don’t have to do so.