Treeshare with Ancestry no longer Works

Well Martin I also have the problem, and for a while now too. I just can not get Ancestry to link anymore. I gave up, and just go to Ancestry. I attempted to correct by pretty much all the same things being mentioned here by everyone. I have had unrelated problems in RM8, that started to happen after one of the updates several months back. So basically I am just letting you know, your not the only one.

Sounds Like MS issue to me.
Look at new bugs:

TomH, can you provide me to a link regarding this info I have never seen? Martin

Martin

grg3, yes I suspect it is a Windows issue, but seems strange it should only affect RM8 and not RM7 on the same laptop???

I looked at the Microsoft info from your link. There was one update offered that seemed it might be relevent which I installed:

However it made no difference. There are so many updates in my Update History and removing them seems subject to complex rules, so I have not done that at this stage.

Martin

The latest is here:
https://www.sqlite.org/useovernet.html

An earlier here:
https://www.sqlite.org/whentouse.html

And the earliest advice:

You are advised to avoid using SQLite on a network filesystem in the first place, since performance will be slow. But if you must use a network filesystem to store SQLite database files, consider using a secondary locking mechanism to prevent simultaneous writes to the same database even if the native filesystem locking mechanism malfunctions.

https://www.sqlite.org/atomiccommit.html#sect_9_0

1 Like

Thanks Tom, I will study it. I am currently using a copy of the database on a local drive. Martin

To all those who helped with suggestions, thanks.

I have got it working at last. What I did was this:

First I uninstalled Windows 10 Version 22H2. That made no difference.
Then I looked up my System images I had from the Windows Restore Point Program. I worked back by date Restoring my Windows one image at a time, testing RM8 and Ancestry each time. I had to do three restores in sequence until I got back to one dated September 2022. Finally with that version of Windows I was able to login to Ancestry Treeshare.

Now I have to reinstall a couple of programs that I had installed since Sept plus I had to rebuild my Outlook email database.

I just hope the Windows 10 Windows Update process doesn’t screw things up. It want to install updates when I restart.

Thanks again. Maybe this might help others with the same problem. It seems it was not just Windows 22H2 but a combination of that with some other change or update on my laptop.

I have same problem with RM8. I have MacBook Pro with M1chip and Monterey OS. Norton. All was well until RM Update I believe last November. I used this computer during beta period and after. When the RM8 showed only the flag and a list. Of sources that was ok with me…The problem began when the whole tree was shown. Now Ancestry does not work at all. The link with Ancestry still works on FTMakrr but I am use to RM so I wish their programmers would go back and see what they did when they made the upgrades

Open a support ticket because there is no way for us to identify what changed for you during beta testing. We’ll need more details on what you are seeing when you try to login to Ancestry. Hopefully, you’re not using the same file from beta testing.

https://support.rootsmagic.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I quit using it for the same reason

RM8 doesn’t download media for me but RM7 works fine. Yesterday I discovered that if I diasble my antivirus, Avast, just for the treeshare dowload period RM8 works as it should. I haven’t been able to work out why Avast would affect RM8 but not RM7. (yet)
Perhaps this may be a problem for others as well.
PS: RM support could not help.

RM7 and RM8 are seen as separate programs in security software. Both need separate permissions. RM Support should tell you to adjust your security software, but we will not make those changes for you.

Thank you. RM8 is now working.