RM11 Treeshare with Ancestry suddenly stopped working and freezes

I’m using Windows 11, the latest update to RM11, and have run all of the tools.

I always use treeshare as I work on both RM and Ancestry. Ordinarily, the treeshare function works fine, but as of yesterday, it fails to collect changes from Ancestry and freezes on 2%. It’s done it again today. On one occasion yesterday, it completed but seemed to show every single person in my extensive database, rather than just those with changes.

Does anyone know what the issue is here? Ancestry wasn’t working well yesterday, so I am wondering if it was a problem their end that still exists?

Assuming you mean RM10 (as there was not a pubic RM11 version I was aware of). The past few days numerous users reported issues with Ancestry (not limited to RM).

I too had dreadful problems with Ancestry yesterday- mine left me with 3 duplicate persons for everyone I added and has taken all day today to sort out the basics but seem to have lost a lot of facts.

I also had the same experience with tree share showing my whole database a few months ago - apparently it is not uncommon. The advice I had then was that the only options were either to to view each entry and mark as not changed (the x under Log out) or to click options and select clear everyone from “changed List”. You would then need to manually change those you did change, if you could remember who you worked on, possibly by making a further minor change in Ancestry such as typing ‘changed’ (or whatever) in a fact description.

Yes, I did mean RM10. Fingers faster than my brain!

And now its not syncing at all. It reaches 5% and freezes.

Do these forum posts reach the development team so that they can look into things?

1 Like

Have you recently added a lot of people to the RM database or the Ancestry tree?

No. I tend to run the sync periodically. I’ve added far more before without a problem. We are only talking about changes to perhaps 40 people this time.

Try restoring a backup to another folder and see if that one is successful in opening in TreeShare.