Problems with person notes

What is the best way to copy and paste into notes? I trued using “control” and then the keyboard. but often not with good results.
If I use the copy and paste buttons at the top of notes I don’t get a full copy. A line or word may be much smaller, word may run into the line above, etc.
I’m getting the web link in blue which I don’t want.
And occasionally if I switch the note in a new window, using the screen symbol, the notes are completely illegible with gibberish like <FONT face=“Segoe UI” style=“font-size:15pt”
I realize this is probably lacking clarity but can you give me some help in what should be very simple. I never had this problem with RM7.
Thanks, Caroline

1 Like

Ctrl+Shift+V will paste as plain text.

(corrected)

…or if you are on a PC, then Right Click and select ‘Paste as plain text’…and Renee means Ctrl-Shift-V, Ctrl-Shift-U allows you to reset the program settings.

1 Like

The blue underline format of URLs is just a display feature of the editor. The formatting information is not saved with the text in the database, so you can ignore it.
The flaw where the pasted line of text is smaller than the rest is due to an editor bug.
In my case, if I see such a format change event, I can exit the note editor to save the text, then re-open the note. I see several sections of HTML style format info. I just delete it and all is back to what 's expected.

1 Like

Thank you, I will give those suggestions a try. ch

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem with the notes - particularly the gibberish noted like <FONT face=“Segoe UI” style=“font-size:15pt”> sometimes at the beginning of every line. I note that someone has described deleting but this is tedious. The gibberish always appears after the note editor has been closed and reopened so I don’t always notice until I have reason to use the note editor for that particular entry again - or I print out a report and there it is. Sometimes the usual Ctrl V, and other commands simply do not work. Then sometimes they do. Frustrating to say the least.
I hope this eventually gets fixed!

2 Likes

I am so glad someone else is experiencing the same, that it isn’t only me.; it was not easy describing my frustrations. I have been out of town and have not had the chance to try suggestions to my questions. I believe the “font face, segoe” etc. gibberish has also appeared in notes that I have not worked with in RM8, just appeared as a result of moving from RM7. Also frustrating is not being able to copy and paste from Word or from a source such as Ancestry - may have mentioned this in initial question.

1 Like

Me too. I am used to HTML because I edit two charity websites, but I hate my person notes suddenly appearing in HTML format (aka gibberish) for no apparent reason! RM8 is brilliant, but must have very complicated underlying formatting codes, and it would be very helpful to have some obvious way (perhaps a format choice button on the person notes?) to correct it when it happens.

I have discovered that if I go to a person’s Note and backup from the top line to insert something else and type new info, and close - when I reopen there is the the HTML gibberish. If I insert elsewhere, or if I start forward from the very top - the HTML gibberish does not appear. Wonder if the Backspace key generates this bug at times…

1 Like