HTML in Person item - Notes does not save?

I can cut and paste html code from a website into Person item - Notes, and it displays the coding correctly, ie tables etc

However It does not save the coding. But it can display and save a Link and its web address ??

Also any chance of an enhanced TinyMCE instead of the very basic bold/italic/cut/copy/paste

Notes do not support tables, etc. Only hyperlinks are supported.

The note editor supports HTML. That’s why it looks like the original when you paste in HTML. But when the editor saves it’s data to the database, the HTML tags ate striped out.
Mostly, except for bold, italics and some others.

I don’t believe that is quite accurate. One cannot type HTML tags and have it appear as it would in a browser or HTML-aware editor. One cannot copy a HTML code snippet from an outside source and then paste it into the Note window and have it appear as it would in a browser or HTML-aware editor.

What actually occurs is, if one copies some portion of an outside source that has been already formatted by way of HTML into the Windows clipboard… a subsequent paste from the clipboard becomes an object format that preserves the “already formatted” look, as it was in the source, unless an option to strip the formatting is already set or a special paste is executed. However, none of those ways preserve or present the original “look” after saving and viewing.

Thanks for the reply- I really know little about this, so I’m glad to hear something new!
My thought came from doing a simple copy and paste from an Ancestry.com source into a RM v9.1.3 note.
Here is a screen capture-

Looks like an HTML formatted table in RM note editor.

In the past, I’ve copied html text with various font colors etc and they showed correctly in the Note editor. The lack of paragraph formatting is probably due to the style sheet not being used.
I wouldn’t expect to be able to type in HTML tags in the note editor, since it is presumably in view mode. The fact that one can do it with RM supported tags, like is unexpected.

I am intrigued by your comment

a subsequent paste from the clipboard becomes an object format that preserves the “already formatted” look

You don’t think it is just copying over the HTML tags?, or is it converting the original HTML to some Microsoft internal rich text like format?

There were changes in v9 compared to v8 also. V8 seemed to keep the original HTML formatted look “better”, of course to no end, since the desired end result is plain text.

I was just going by this description of the HTML Clipboard Format - Win32 apps

Great link. I’ve never looked into that.
The article describe how windows represent a sub-select of an HTML doc in the clipboard. The clipboard still has HTML as its contents.