Printing Person View

I would like to be able to print the list of facts/chart that comes up when in the “Edit Person” view. It would be a chart like what appears on the screen. Is this possible?

2 Likes

The Edit Person screen cannot be printed from RM in any direct way. The indirect ways that I can think of would be a screen capture such as you have already done, or else an Individual Summary report or an Individual List just for one person.

The Individual type reports will not look exactly like the Edit Person screen, but they can be made to display similar information in a similar format - not exact, but similar. With either report, you would need to play around a bit with the options to get the effect you want. And I would repeat that it will not be exactly what you want, but those reports are probably the closest you can come to what you want.

2 Likes

Adding to the good advise From Jerry – a custom report by me another option to consider.

Kevin

2 Likes
2 Likes

Timeline list and include family members.

1 Like

If you use the Timeline List, keep in mind that shared facts are not shown, except for the Principal.

1 Like

Of course, you can do a screenshot (window shot or area shot too) of it, but if your information is too long to fit on screen at one time then you need a tool like “Snagit”. Snagit will allow you to scroll a window during the capture so that you capture the entire screen (window, or area of interest). It’s something they refer to as a “panorama” capture. It works pretty well. But if your scrolling window of information is too long, then the captured image gets very long too and may not print well on a simple letter or A4 page. In cases such as that, I do it in 2 or more captures, choosing to end each capture at a convenient break point (e.g. between lines or paragraphs).

For full disclosure, I have no affiliation with Snagit ,other than as a user.

–Randy

1 Like