Automatic Relationship Calculator

I recently added some children to the family of my great granduncle.

If I now click on one of the children, there is no indication of the relationship on the left navigation box. But if I run the relationship calculator, I see it should say “first cousin twice removed”.

Do I need to update the database/ person somehow?

Only by re-running Set Relationships and selecting yourself as reference person.

That did the trick. Thanks very much!

I can’t find the “Set Relationships” button. Where is it? I checked the RM9 book, but couldn’t find anything.

Interestingly, sometimes it appears that RM9 resets the relationships by itself, but I may be imagining this. I have someone who I newly added to the DB and the Relationship Calculator shows the correct relationship, as does the Relationship report from the “Publish” tab, but the relationship isn’t displayed in the upper left corner when I click on that person. So maybe I have to reset relationships globally, as I was accustomed to doing in RM7, but, as I said, I can’t find the “Set Relationships” function.

Have you looked at Help?

yes you have to refresh Set Relationships every time you add new people…

Thank you both. No Tom, I hadn’t checked help because I didn’t know about it, but I found it now. Thanks!