What is this discobot thing that keeps pestering me?

I’m new to the RM Community. There is this little creature, discobot, that is driving me to distraction. How do I get it to go away? It keeps sending me messages asking me to send it messages.

1 Like

I am also new with this being my first post. I think you can simply ignore it or type skip to bypass a tutorial step, i.e. there was one I skipped about website links since it said it didn’t understand my post.
The purpose of the bot is to learn the basic tools of forum discussion, e.g. formatting post, adding emojis etc.
At the completion of the tutorial, you gain a certified badge.

I’d need a screen shot to know what you are referring to.

Hello @discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Whenever something negative happens to you, there is a deep lesson concealed within it. — Eckhart Tolle

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

I just want it to leave me alone. I do not wish to play games with a bot. If there is something I need to read, please let me know. I really don’t care about badges either. I came here to get answers; and learn from others experiences. Thank you!

If you don’t interact with it… it goes away after some minutes pass.

YIPPEEE! Thanks! My email inbox was getting overloaded.

@martisiq -did you at least try to complete the tutorial?-- or at least start it and maybe quit will get discobot to go away especially if you try maybe saying goodbye discobot!!!— seems like I also had problems when I got to the tutorial part of ask discobot a question-- guess discobot didn’t like my questions :rofl:–so it would keep bugging me-- finally just exited out of system and it left me alone for quite a while-- then just started reading what it wanted me to read and quit before the end–I can always go back and pick it up again later…

Funny thing is that when I did have a technical/site related question for discobot–it couldn’t answer my question–I had to ask Renee!!! :roll_eyes:

so at least try to do the tutorial-- it’s pretty fast and easy and you MIGHT want to read the community guidelines–I didn’t find this for at least 6 months

https://community.rootsmagic.com/guidelines

I did interact with it, thinking it would go away. But it didn’t. It’s creepy. I am more than happy to read guidelines, etc. Before I come here, I read the help files and if I can’t find the answer there, I will come here. My original idea was to see if the marriage question I posted had been asked and answered before. I read a lot of posts - most helpful. Didn’t find the marriage question so I posted it. Thanks for responding, and I will read those community guidelines.

1 Like