Screens disappearing behind main screen

Check out the All Time user stats for the RM people that participate on FB and compare them with your own

I also suffer from person edit screens randomly disappearing behind the main screen. Itā€™s random with mouse movement, but without mouse button clicking. I reported this as a bug a couple months ago, but no response. Iā€™m surprised Iā€™ve not heard anyone having this problem until now/you. I recover by clicking the personā€™s name at the bottom of the main RM8 window. None the less, the screen shouldnā€™t randomly disappear.

3 Likes

Re, Windows System Shortcuts ā€¦

Interestingly, the 1st shortcut on the above linked list works for me to top a hidden Edit Person window ā€¦ IF there is no other maximized application on the same display as RM8.

ALT+ESC switches to the next application (which for me is usually the Chrome browser on the other display.)

When I do this, the child Edit Person window pops up on top of the main RM8 window ā€¦ and although it does not have focus, I can click it with the mouse to both reactivate RM8 and leave the edit window on top with focus.

So it becomes an ALT+ESC then LMB click protocol to bring a hidden edit window forward.

But Iā€™d also suggest a Window menu like many application have that lists the applicationā€™s open windows with a dedicated shortcut to tab between the non-modal windows.

For example, Chrome uses CTRL+TAB to move between tabs.

Hi Jerry
I do not get this on my bottom line, not like I see, on Youtube, by Bruce screen. I have always wondered, is there way to get the computer or software to do so. Also, this quote " at least RM8 itself has its own bottom bar to get you back to the Edit Person windows that have popped under." gives the impression that it is in RootsMagic. I run on Windows 10. Firefox.
Thank you for any help Isla

Yes, that line with the list of open Edit Person windows is at the bottom of the main RM Window. Itā€™s not something displayed by Windows or Mac in a Windows location or a Mac location.

I have never seen that line fail when an Edit Person screen has popped under. The only thing I can think if is that if your main RM Window is not in full screen mode, that line can be off the bottom of the screen and hence can be invisible. Iā€™m not sure where the better place to put that line should be, but it should be high on the screen. The bottom of the screen is not a very good place for it.

Hi Jerry
Thank you for your quick reply, I am present taking a break while the big download is being performed before converting to 9. I will keep an eye on whether in full screen or not. Thank you again Isla

Download should say backup. LOL