RootsMagic To-Go

I tried to create a RootMagic To-Go on my thumb drive.
Everything went well and it said completed.
Then when I try to run it off my thumb drive, I get the message “This app can’t run on your PC, to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher”.

Does this not work with Windows 11?

Rick

1 Like

It’s for running on a machine that DOES NOT have RootsMagic on it already. Is that the case?

Yes, the laptop has RootMagic on it.
Is that the issue?

Presumably. Take the removeable media to the other computer that DOES NOT have RootsMagic on it and confirm, of course.

Make sure to open RM To-Go and then open the database file on the USB drive. If you click on the database file it won’t know to open the program off the USB drive.

1 Like

That’s what I was doing when I got the message. I installed it through the tools in RM8 on to a thumb drive. Then I tried to run it on my thumb drive to make sure it worked before I went traveling. That was when I got the previously mentioned message. I thought it would still run off the thumb drive with it installed on the laptop?

Was the computer you used to install RM To-Go also a Windows computer?

Yes, it is on the same computer that I installed RM To-Go on, laptop. I installed it on a thumb drive.
I rebooted the computer and tried to run RM off the thumb drive and got the message.

It going to be hard to say what’s happening. Best to do a chat so they can remotely look at the setup. Chats are open on the website M-F, 8:00-4:00 (MT).

Thank you for getting back to me on this.
Where on the web site would I look for the chat option for Wednesday’s or does the chat option only appear on Wednesday’s?

Rick

Go to www.rootsmagic.com and the chat button should be in the lower right corner. It will say “Need Help? Chat Now”. If your browser is blocking pop-ups the button may not appear.

Chats are open Monday through Friday. Best time to talk to a support agent is 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Mountain Time). If you open a chat when an agent isn’t available it will generate a support ticket and be answered later.