One line family tree

I have been asked to produce a Tree that consists of one line of Ancestors and Descendents from my Master List on Ancestry.
I want to download my Ancest6ry Master Tree to Roots Magic 8 and then produce a unique Tree (Gedcom) deleting everyone except a particular man and woman, their siblings, children and ancestors on both sides.
Is there an easy way to do this?
TIA

Ron

@Quinnedy – you can easily make a gedcom from your master Ancestry tree that has a particular man and woman, their siblings, children and ancestors on both sides.
After deciding what data and privacy options you want to include in the gedcom-- you need to go to the box that says People to EXPORT
Change that from EVERYONE to SELECT FROM LIST
Highlight the man or woman you are interested in-- then click on MARK – a drop down menu appears that has many different options–

you will have to play with them to see which works best-- If you try one option and don’t like it, you can click on UNMARK and then pick Everyone in File and it will remove all --then you need to go back and highlight the person again…once you do the first person, then do the same for the spouse—. After the gedcom is generated, you can view the results by CREATING A NEW ROOTSMAGIC FILE…

Personally I think I would do Ancestor and all collateral lines for both spouse and descendants and collateral lines for one of the spouses but as I said, you will need to play with it.

hope it helps

Thank you Nancy - very much appreciated.

Cheers

1 Like