Is there something wrong with the Roots Magic Coding?

For some reason my RM0 database has recently acquired an unusual addition in the Death-Spouse, Death-Child, Edit boxes?

It has input this “CAUSE: Y”. How do I get rid of 100’s of these unrequired errors ?

Have you imported any data from FamilySearch?

I’m asking, because sometimes people mark ancestors as deceased by putting a Y into the death date or into another field, if they have no specific date to prove the subject’s death.

A variant on this is finding the word DECEASED in a date, which also seems to be sent by FamilySearch.

guessing you meant RM9
can you send a screenshot so everyone is clear on what you mean ?

From “Kevin Labore via RootsMagic Community” <notifications@rootsmagic.discoursemail.com>
To r-earl1@sky.com
Date 05/12/2023 17:43:21
Subject [RootsMagic Community] [RootsMagic] Is there something wrong with the Roots Magic Coding?

1 Like

That’s in the description field of the Death fact. I’ve seen that with imports from other programs or websites. You would need to manually remove it. Go to Search, Person Search-Advanced, and under Find enter Death - description - contains - CAUS: Y and click OK. From the result you can use Edit to bring up their Edit Person screen and remove it.

1 Like

As Rzamor1 said that looks like it came from tree share or import.
You might be able to use Find and Replace but caution would be advised.
Another option would be to create a group if death desc or note contains “Caus blah blah”
and the work that group manually.

Thank you for your advice,

I will do as you suggest and see what happens,

:slight_smile:

From “Kevin Labore via RootsMagic Community” <notifications@rootsmagic.discoursemail.com>
To r-earl1@sky.com
Date 06/12/2023 00:19:00
Subject [RootsMagic Community] [RootsMagic] Is there something wrong with the Roots Magic Coding?