HTML Website Publishing - Feature Request

Hi all,

This has been briefly discussed on the FB pages. But wanted to add a few more bits.

I am hoping some improvements can be made to the HTML publishing tool on RM9.

The ability to format the font
Be able to format the facts in the Alphabetical book. At the moment they all run as one continuous paragraph, it would be ideal if there was a double or single line break between facts
An integrated search facility to search the entire file for keywords would be a big time saver. At the moment, it relies on google indexing the page and then using a google search tool, as an example, to provide this. It would be better if it was an integrated tool

I am sure there is more that would be helpful

Thanks

Have not used the Alphabetical book version before – but some kind of line break should fix that.
the Website HTML “publisher” does a decent job of what does but many things are limited such as media attached to facts etc.

Kevin

That is going to require some kind of integration with a server platform such as WordPress and I think that means development on the Publish side. I don’t know if there is any HTML host that provides such a feature in, say, a frame around the embedded RM HTML file set.

I asked ChatGPT3.5 this question and got the following reply:

Find a webhost that can provide a search feature for an embedded html website

To add a search feature to an embedded HTML website, you can use third-party services or tools that offer search functionality. One popular option is to use Google Custom Search Engine (CSE). Google CSE allows you to create a custom search engine tailored to your website’s content. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Create a Google Custom Search Engine:

• Go to the Google Custom Search page.
    • Click on the “Get Started” button.
    • Follow the instructions to create a custom search engine. You’ll need to provide details like the website(s) you want to search, language, etc.
    • Once created, you’ll get a unique search engine ID.
  2. Add the Search Box to Your Website:

• Google provides you with code snippets that you can add to your HTML to include the search box.
    • Copy the provided HTML code and paste it into your website’s HTML where you want the search box to appear.
  3. Implement Search Results Page:

• You also need to create a search results page where search results will be displayed.
    • This page should contain another piece of code provided by Google.
    • This code will display search results fetched from Google’s servers based on the user’s query.
  4. Style and Customize:

• You can customize the appearance and behavior of the search box and search results page through Google’s Customization options.
    • You may also need to style the search box and results to match your website’s design.
  5. Testing:

• Test the search functionality thoroughly to ensure it’s working as expected.
    • Check for any styling issues or discrepancies.

Alternatively, if you prefer a self-hosted solution, you can explore open-source search engines like Elasticsearch or implement your own search functionality using server-side programming languages like PHP, Python, or Node.js along with a database like MySQL or MongoDB. This approach requires more technical expertise and resources to set up and maintain compared to using a third-party service like Google CSE.

The current link for Google CSE is