Freezing working with notes in 9.0.1

Wow, great work!
Thanks for the quick response. It’s much appreciated.

Mike

Thanks so much @rzamor1 - how responsive is the team at RM!! Thank you :slight_smile:

I had not post here, sent in my info right to support. Thank you so very much for the great fast fix. I was pleasantly surprised on seeing the update 9.0.2.0 flash on my screen.

I did not encounter this with the original version.

Below is my situation:
Notes Freezing:

I’ve just encountered the issue with the Notes freezing.

Having read comments on other similar posts about storing the database in the cloud, I moved my file to my hard drive and out of Dropbox.

After making that change and verifying that I was indeed working with a file on my local hard drive and not in the cloud, I again encountered the issue.

Below are the steps that I think might reproduce the issue:

Working with an event, I go to add a citation and find that I do not already have a source created.

Go to sources to add a new source and select my template.

Fill out the fields of the template and give the source a name.

Enter information in the citation fields. (Did not save citation at this point.)

Go to Research note to add a transcription of the source.

Screen is now frozen, I can’t type in the Edit Note box, nor can I close the window with the mouse. The only way out of the issue is the use CTRL-ALT-DEL to close RM.

I think saving the citation and then going back to add the research note might prevent the freezing.

Freezing happens even if I save the source and go back to enter the citation. When using CTRL-Alt-Del to close RM, I noticed the following: This process group is in efficiency mode to limit resources used by the process. I am running Windows 11 with 32 GB RAM, an INtel Core i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90 GHz, 64 bit (with 64 bit RM9). My database is running from a local hard drive and NOT from a cloud service.

Best to see if you are experiencing the same problems in
9.0.2 - 9 MAR 2023

• Fixed: Note editing freezing and crashing on some systems

Yes – the problem started occurring with this update. I had not encountered the issue until the last week.

Efficiency issue

Task Manager shows 7 processes running for RootsMagic.

When I clicked to expand the list of processes, the WebView2:about:blank is shown as ‘Efficiency’

Note: I use Google Chrome and not Microsoft Edge.
RM-Processes

Freezing Update:

Different Scenario

Working with death face
Had an existing source that needed research note added
Added research note without issue
Had another source to add to the fact
Selected existing source
Entered citation information
Opened Research Note to add information
Frozen
CTRL-ALT-DEL to close RM
Reopened RM
Source not saved but research note on previous note was thankfully saved

I checked my task manager and it seems that yours and mine are abt the same–and I am using Vivaldi as my main browser

so can’t see why this would be causing your system to lock up UNLESS you don’t have enough resources left BUT appears you do