Access violations adding facts or location suggestions when running RM8 8.2.6 Mac on second screen

When I have RM 8.2.6 on an external monitor, I get access violations when I add a fact to a person or accept a location suggestion (e.g. adding ‘United States’ to the typed location). When I move RM back to my laptop screen I can do the same actions just fine. Is this a known issue and is it being worked on? I’d really like to use all that screen space for RM.

RM 8.2.6, MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (the highest version my system can run).

I’m not a Mac user, but access violations on a Mac when running RM8 on a second screen are a known issue that is reported frequently.

update 8.2.5 (2nd last) actually fixed access violations on macs. Before that RM8 was essentially unusable since it would crash if your eyelid twitched or if it did not. Macs would crash multiple times over even 30 minutes of “use”.

Right, 8.2.5 did fix some access violations that I experienced. But the ones I mentioned continue to happen with 8.2.5 and 8.2.6.

I am getting this Access Violation so frequently while trying to synchronize RM8 with Ancestry that I find it extremely frustrating.

So… I rebooted RM8 and returned to the person I had been working on when RM crashed 24 minutes ago. This time, the Ancestry person was gone. Hmmm. So, I added him. Went to the next person. Another Access Violation. Sooooo irritating.

First, go to File, Tools, and run all the Database Tools. Check if that helps, if not open a support ticket. We will need a backup of your database and the Ancestry Tree shared with Editor permission.

https://support.rootsmagic.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I still have the original problem when using RM 9.0.6, where adding a fact when RM is on an external monitor causes an access violation. After a restart and moving RM back to the laptop screen, adding a fact works just fine. @rzamor1 is a fix for this being investigated?

Development is aware of the issue.