Two windows open when double-clicking Reports and Charts

This likely has been mentioned, but I can’t seem to find where. Double-clicking any Report/Chart name erroneously allows two of the same window to open. I’m thinking that’s a potential for conflict or errors.

1 Like

I am not getting these results. Only one report viewer will come up. What RM version are you using (32-64, 64-bit, Mac)

@rzamor1
RootsMagic9 64-bit Windows 11 23H2
Double-clicking any report for initiation quickly flashes two instances of the particular reports window. Grabbing the top bar of the top window and dragging it downward reveals the second.

I also can NOT make this happen but think I just can NOT double click fast enough-- it also can be like when I double click to open a file-- not all the time but sometimes it will open 2 versions of the same file–believe whatever is causing one is also causing the other…

1 Like

Still can’t make that happen testing on Windows 11, 64-bit version. Are you using a second monitor?

No, just an Acer laptop native 1080p screen w/ i5-8300H and 16GB ram.
@rzamor1
I’ve discovered that it is the touchpad. When I plugged in a Mouse it goes away! Thanks for your replies!

No, I can’t make it happen no matter which report that I double-click.

1 Like

Thank you, Sir! I discovered it’s the touchpad. Plugged in a mouse and it works correctly. Probably some driver/gesture setting or timing. Cheers ~

1 Like

I usually also use the touchpad mouse and I can replicate the behaviour that @kbens0n reports.

Eager readers of this forum may remember that I previously reported the same problem when double-clicking to open an existing RM9 file; having two windows on the file open sometimes leads to errors when one version of the file locks the database. This still happens.

1 Like

Thank you, Sir! That’s universal enough to for me to rule out my particular hardware. ~

Unless Alan happens to be using hardware by the same manufactured, which could be the case with laptop touchpads.

Yep, the “my particular” was speaking to physicality (in my possession).