Switching Between Databases

In RM 9 what is the best way to switch between multiple open databases?

Does the F5 key still work? At one time, I think it cycled through the open databases.

Windows key + left or right arrow to expose one underneath?

Alt+tab does not switch within the app, only app to app.

It’s not easy…

Sadly the F5 key no longer works. Thanks for the other ideas.

If you have not explicitly minimized any of the database windows (using upper corner button), then, moving a window slightly will reveal the other non-minimized database windows to click into.

If you have explicitly minimized any of the database windows (using upper corner button), then, moving a window slightly will reveal any minimized database windows as shrunken windows (rolled up). Click the Restore Up or Maximize buttons to re-open minimized windows.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion.

Just use mission control: swipe up, see all open windows and pick the RM one desired.

It is still shown in the Command Palette!

And on the RM Wiki for both Mac & Windows:
F5 F5 Switch between databases

Maybe it still works on Mac?

A recently update of the programming tools broken function key support. We are waiting on the developer of those tools to fix it.

Is there any hope that RM9 will add back the buttons or shortcuts for databases in two windows, horizontal, vertical or cascading? I really miss that from RM7.

1 Like

I doubt it because it would be a radical redesign of the software architecture.

With an appropriately sized screen, you can stack two or put them 50-50 side-by-side using Windows+arrow key combos.

Thanks so much. I sometimes forget the wonder of the Windows key. That makes a huge difference in the ease of dragging and dropping in RM9.

There is hope that function keys will be restored. We are waiting on an update to the programming tools that fix it.

1 Like