RootsMagic file in Apps folder in Dropbox

I noticed in my Dropbox folder on my Windows 10 computer that there is an Apps folder. Inside I found a RootsMagic folder. Inside that was a .rmgc file.

What setting caused the database file to go into Apps in Dropbox? I didn’t want it to go there.

I assume it is a RM7 file, but I also have RM9 installed and use it now and then.

It is used by RM9 by File>Export Data>Dropbox to get a RM7 .rmgc file used by the app on iPhone/iPAD. In RM7 it was available for the same purpose until Dropbox made a change and broke the functionality. The RM8 functionality was the same as RM9.

Thanks. I don’t have an iphone or i anything, so that’s weird that I would have a RM database file in Dropbox.

I have RM9 running on my Windows 10 desktop and when I commenced using that I created a new file for it and saved it to Dropbox. However, I note that the new file has a different file identifier than previous versions. Earlier RM versions created files with filename.rmgc but the latest file created in RM9 is filename.rmtree and when I go to my iPhone RootsMagic App (Ver1.4) it doesn’t seem to recognise the .rmtree extension, so I can’t upload the latest data to my phone app. Any suggestions welcome.

As per my other post - Use the EXPORT DATA - EXPORT to DROPBOX option. (This will write the file in the correct format)
Dave

RM9 has a different extension.

I did the export data -export to dropbox as advised and it has fixed the issue. Thanks for your help