RootsMagic Explorer

2 things where the root & base person are the same for relationships:

• if you ‘Home person’ icon before opening the ‘Set Relationship’ tool the Root Person will be set.
  • Since this operation happens frequently it would be useful, to me, to have a easier way to set relationships rather than open the ‘Command Palette’ and then search on ‘Relationship’ and then select ‘Set Relationships’, it would be great if it was in the ‘Tools’ menu.

When you are in any of the tabs of the People menu (Pedigree, Family, Descendants, People list, Couples List or Associations), ‘Set Relationships’ can be found under the Edit (crayon) icon. It’s right next to the tools icon in that set of menus.

Does that work or are you requesting that it also be added under the Person Tools section of the Tools menu?

Some years ago, on the old forums, I suggested this enhancement. It would be good for both Set Relationships and the Relationship Calculator. I don’t remember anyone responding - perhaps everyone had seen it suggested or suggested it themselves before.

I still think that this would be a very good thing to do - extremely easy to program and saving unnecessary keystrokes for the user.

Thanks Kevinm, I never noticed that before. OK, I take it all back…I’m all good :slight_smile:

Cheers

1 Like