RM8 File => Export Data => Dropbox problem

So, RM7 could open the RMGC file created by RM8? If so, has anyone investigated what is missing from that? I am assuming that it can’t be used for backwards compatibility.

TomH has provided a SQlite process to move RM8 to RM7 HERE

See TomH’s comments about RM8’s Export to Dropbox data losses HERE

1 Like

Less of the ‘old lady’ stereotype! :joy: Some of us have been writing code pre Internet, and are our husband’s (and occasionally children’s) tech support.

1 Like

Yes the ios app reads the file RM7 puts out but is a 7 year old app which provides no editing capability and even as a reader is well surpassed by the ancestry app. The latter also avoids the use of dropbox which is another virtue.

Not everyone uses Ancestry, nor do they want to!!
Ancestry is very US centric which for non-US users is one thing against it!

She is 79 years old, refers to herself as an old lady and also admits to not knowing diddly squat about computers…so I will refer to her as an old lady. I began coding long before the internet also. So you get no brownie points for that.

Ancestry did not seem very us centered to me for my canada relatives and uk ancestors but I use ancestry.ca as my login page. Now Heredis is eurocentric and comes with a mixed english french support for english users.