Questions regarding the Community

I’ve been a member here for a couple of weeks now, and after some consideration, I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to send a personal message directly to another member? If so, how does one do this?

2. IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A FLAME WAR INITIATOR!!
    If there were a way to conduct a poll, I’d try that method, but not seeing any way to do that, here goes… Is it worthwhile splitting the Roots Magic Category into two sub-categories, i.e. one for the Windows version and the other for the Mac version? I’m sure that there are intricacies of operating in either version that are not of interest to users of the other version, and perhaps splitting the category would make for easier reading.

You can send a message by clicking on a members name. I agree that sub-categories would be helpful. Not sure about Mac and Windows categories though.

You might drop your idea in this thread:

At the request of @Philirons here is a poll:
(having been around longer I have been given the poll abilty)

• Split Community Forum into seperate Windows & Mac
  • Keep the Windows & Mac discussions together

0 voters

1 Like

As many of the questions pertain to the program itself and are not platform specific you would have to either have 3 categories (a) Windows specific; (b) Mac specific and (c) pertains to both OR people would have to post twice in each category for questions in (c). I would probably not bother to read the Mac specific discussions so if Mac users posted general non-Mac specific questions in there I would not see them or be able to help them.

6 Likes

I agree Terry, one of the reasons stated for the rewrite of the program was to allow native running on Macs and have the program work the same and look the same on Windows and Macs.

2 Likes

I agree with @Terry, all posts should remain together because most topics will be common to both platforms.

If posters are clear with their title, especially including “Mac” in that line, then Windows users can skip over.

An additional/alternative method would be requesting a forum tag for “Mac”.

3 Likes

Perhaps an operating system tag to the question when first posed as an alternate to separate communities would be a better solution. People then could choose whether to read the specific post and answers.

2 Likes