Options Reset Unnecessarily When Updating RM8

I just updated to RM8 8.1.4.0, but this issue has nothing to do with this particular update. It has to do with every update.

After every update, I have to reset the following options back to the way I prefer to have them set.

• Display description / relation on separate row in cell
  • Show relative events
  • Which relative events to show

It seems to me that these options have nothing to do with updating RM and therefore shouldn’t be changed by an update.

Interesting that you have to reset options. I have never had to do this - not with this or any other update. I wonder why some of these issues affect some setups and not others.

I have to reset these options as well after each upgrade.

I’m wondering if it’s because I’m creating a new database (importing from RM7) at the same time as running the upgrade. Are you doing the same Jerry - maybe that’s why it is happening. Just a thought. :slight_smile:

These options are always reset after creating a new database because they are database options rather than program options. That makes sense. But I’m reporting it happening after an update when I’m not making a new database.

I just did the 8.1.5.0 update. The options I mentioned at the beginning of the thread did NOT reset this time. That’s the correct behavior, and that’s a good thing. I’ll just declare this one solved for now unless it happens again.