- New: Can resize columns in the FamilySearch person tools Find Matches list
- New: Search and replace can now search name notes
- Fixed: Frequent random access violations encountered by some Mac users
- Fixed: Tab key skipping edit fields randomly
- Fixed: Issues with the “Date edited” when using non English versions of Windows
- Fixed: When possible duplicate screen comes up, the child list for a person was blank
- Fixed: On Add Media screen the cursor starts in the Filename field instead of the media type dropdown
- Fixed: Mouse wheel on Couple List view (and other lists) now scrolls by 4 lines instead of full screens
- Fixed: Age on Edit Person wasn’t showing for living facts after a Will fact
- Fixed: Folder highlight on Task page would disappear when saving a task
- Fixed: Paste Citation now shows both the Source and Citation name
- Fixed: Some FTM notes would have RTF formatting codes after import
- Fixed: Some GEDCOM files could crash when imported on Mac
- Fixed: Some GEDCOM exports could crash on Mac
- Fixed: Numerous minor bugs
- Fixed: Cosmetic issues
We are aware of a problem with the new Windows update (8.2.5) when creating reports. We have tracked it down to an issue with a DLL we updated when creating the installer. This issue does not affect the Mac version (which doesn’t use the DLL). It only affects users who downloaded the Windows update BEFORE 7 AM Mountain Time this morning.
We have updated the installers with the original DLL.
If you have already downloaded 8.2.5 for Windows, go to:
and click “RootsMagic 8.2.5 Installer” to download the new install, then run the downloaded file (make sure RM8 is not running when you run the installer). Mac users do not need to do this.
If you haven’t already downloaded 8.2.5, just check for updates as usual.