MyHeritage hints do not appear any more

Have used RM since abt RM3, now on RM9 with abt 150000 in my main database. The best help in finding some types of individuals has always been through MyHeritage. FS is now my main source of hints, but MyHeritage often still points to some unexpected and useful individuals and groups. Of late (a few weeks) I am not getting any hints from MyHeritage. Had a very brief spell today, but it quickly disappeared. This happens whether I am signed in to MyHeritage or not.
Now the question: what has happened to the arrangement with MyHeritage? Are we now without that source? Or is there a magic setting I am missing? I have checked the box that enables MyHeritage hints.

Nothing has happened to RM partnership with MyHeritage, we should be getting hints. MyHeritage will turn off the hinting servers if demand is to great on their website. It’s been very sporadic. They go on and off throughout the day. Hopefully, the after RootsTech novelty will calm down soon.

1 Like

Thanks so much for answering. I’ll be patient! :blush:

MyHeritage is offering FREE Irish info this weekend so they may be a little overloaded

2 Likes

Thanks – looks like it will take a while then :blush:

1 Like

I actually turned on hints in a couple of databases earlier this evening–and after abt 20 minutes, I had some MyHeritage hints show up— was able to click on one–the results appeared in my browser – immediately tried a 2nd one and got this–a blank screen…

now abt 10 pm, I’m able to click on many different ones and get results for MyHeritage–so you MIGHT try again especially later in the evening or maybe earlier in the morning and see if it works-- if NOT, post here again…
BTW-- you don’t have to be signed into MyHeritage-- just Ancestry or Familysearch to get hints…

1 Like

Ah! Thanks – will try that. Thanks also for reminding me that I do not need to sign in to MyHeritage – so my desperation was not needed :blush:.

1 Like

And today at last some meaningful communication (tips) from MyHeritage :slight_smile:

1 Like