Match person to FamilySearch when hints found

RootsMagic 7 has an option in Tools > File Options > FamilySearch > Match person to FamilySearch when hints found.
Does RootsMagic 8 have this option?
Note that with this option clicked, whenever you add a person to your tree with identifiable data, the match is made automatically and immediately if FamilySearch recognizes that person.
RootsMagic 8 seems not to have this option. You must manually click the gray FamilySearch tree icon for each individual to see if FamilySearch recognizes that person. The other option is to open FamilySearch Central and click either Find matches (for one individual at a time) or AutoMatch (for the entire database).

I have the same question about RM9. It would be a real step backwards for me to move from RM7 to RM9 if I have to lose this.

Alan

That option is not available in RM9, it has been reported to development.

If that option becomes available in RM9, or some other later version of RM, I will have to do what I did when available in RM7; turn it off. Too many changes are made in FamilySearch that need evaluation and are just wrong to allow automatic changes made to my researched tree.

Thanks for that Renee.

No worries, it would be part of the settings. I didn’t turn it on in RM7 either. Though matching never exchanged any data other than the embedded FSID.

1 Like