Thanks for the info. I found that I didn’t have this version of Visual C++ installed so downloaded and installed it. I now have an Unexpected Error message from RM8 - “SQLite Error & - out of memory” Since RM8 froze, I’m not able to use the window to send the message. I have never seen anything on a limit to a RM database size but …

I’m using RM8 and have just connected to FamilySearch central from the button . I’m doing it as I type and so far no problem. I made sure I was signed in to begin with in RM8. I noticed that when I purchased the new version, I wasn’t automatically signed into FamilySearch. I also checked to back sure I was signed into Ancestry.com after opening the program.

I am unable to sign in to my Ancestry account from RootsMagic 8 (latest version). It keeps telling me that I have an invalid login. I can sign in via my browser to the Ancestry website. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Marc

If you unlink a tree, you need to create a new tree in Ancestry. Once that link is broken you can’t relink it. Same as in RM7.

I had the same problem at first, then I used my handle instead of email info.
It worked ok.

I had the same problem whit the update solved

I was having the same issue for months! I read a post from an RM Pro in the past that solved my log-in problem. Ctrl+Shift+U.

Works for me every time I can’t connect.

The reset combination Ctrl-Shift-U does indeed often seem to solve people’s login problems, however one should be aware that this also resets any other settings you may have made in RM back to the defaults. So if you have made any it is a worth making a few notes, screenshots etc. of the settings screens before hitting the reset sequence.

2 Likes

Same here. When I select a person on the Pedigree view and click on the yellow lightbulb icon, a pop-up window appears that states that I have x WebHints (y Pending), z Problem Alerts, and the FamilySearch icon. Selecting the FamilySearch icon opens the FamilySearch entry for the person. However, if I select the WebHints icon, the pop-up closes and nothing else happens. I am able to determine that I am successfully signing into Ancestry, but the only way I can access Ancestry is to go to the Publish, select Ancestry TreeShare, and allow it to collect changes to my people and then scroll down the resulting list. I have an active support ticket for these issues–at least I am not aware that RootsMagic has closed it–and I will let you know if they offer me a solution. Please post it if you find a solution.

1 Like

Using RM8 on a Mac. I can log in to Ancestry Tree Share, but then I get stuck on this window for several minutes:

Thank you. I have been requesting help from Tech support asking why I couldn’t treeshare my second family database. They told me if it doesn’t show the upload or download that means the database has already been link to an Ancestry tree. But nothing was showing up from Ancestry. I followed your screenshot on the second family tree and disconnected even though it wasn’t showing me any information from ancestry and then requested a reset. It worked!

1 Like

I had the same problem today. Try adding the Code you were sent immediately after your password.

I had difficulty signing into Ancestry to import a family tree. My Ancestry username and passwords worked in Ancestry, but not in RM. I went to my Ancestry settings and saw that I had two-factor authentication enabled. There is no way to activate two factor authentication through the RM/Ancestry interface. So, I disabled the two-factor authentication. Still, I was blocked in RM because it was using the old “cache” from my prior attempts. I went to Google Chrome/Settings and cleared my browsing history. Then I was able to import my Ancestry tree and all media.

RM 9 mac. Me to will not log in to Ancestry works on family Tree maker needs fixing

If something “needs fixing” it suggests that no one is managing to do this. Is this the case?

I don’t know if anyone is trying to fix It.

Have you used magnifying glass (forum search in upper right corner) with terms Mac Ancestry login and investigated explanations/recommendations offered in those discussions?

There isn’t an issue with the Mac login to Ancestry Treeshare. It would be something specific to your computer.

Do you have two factor authentication turned on with Ancestry? If so, then append the code to the end of the password, with no spaces. Other issues could be needing to clear old passwords using Ctrl+Shift+U and Reset Program Settings. Then close and reopen RM. Then next thing we look at is your security software that could be blocking RM access to the internet.