List of RootsMagic-created fact types and their default sentences

Is there a way to determine which Fact Types where created by the RootsMagic developers that come standard with the program, and types that were created by me? Also is there a list of those RootsMagic-created facts and their original sentences anywhere that I can download?

2 Likes

From the Fact Type screen, highlight a fact and click Edit button. If the Name and Abbreviation are grayed out, they’re RM8 provided. If editable, they’re yours.

Don’t believe the company offers such a list. Some diligent user may have documented these, though.

RM8 Fact List

Thanks kbens0n. This process gives me the information as to whether or not I created the fact and sentence. I imagine I haven’t changed too many of the RM-created sentences.

Thank you for replying BobC. Unfortunately I closed my FB account a few months back.

Name Abbrev GedcomTag Sentence
Birth Birth BIRT [person] was born< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Death Death DEAT [person] died< [Desc]>< [Date]>< [person:Age]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Christen Chr CHR [person] was christened< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Burial Burial BURI [person] was buried< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Cremation Cremation CREM [person] was cremated< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Adoption Adoption ADOP [person] was adopted< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Baptism Baptism BAPM [person] was baptized< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Bar Mitzvah Bar Mitzvah BARM [person] celebrated his bar mitzvah< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Bas Mitzvah Bas Mitzvah BASM [person] celebrated her bas mitzvah< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Blessing Blessing BLES [person] was blessed< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Christen (adultChr (adult) CHRA [person] was christened< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Confirmation Confirmation CONF [person] was confirmed< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
First communiFirst comm FCOM [person] received first communion< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Ordination Ordination ORDN [person] was ordained< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Naturalization Naturalization NATU [person] was naturalized< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Emigration Emigration EMIG [person] emigrated< [Date]>< from [Place:plain]>< [PlaceDetails]>.
Immigration Immigration IMMI [person] immigrated< [Date]>< to [Place:plain]>< [PlaceDetails]>.
Census Census CENS [person] appeared in the census< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Probate Probate PROB [person] had [person:hisher] estate probated< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Will Will WILL [person] signed a will< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Graduation Graduation GRAD[person] graduated< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Retirement Retirement RETI [person] retired< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Description Description DSCR [person] was described as [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Education Education EDUC [person] was educated < [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Nationality Nationality NATI [person] was [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Occupation Occupation OCCU [date] [person] was [Desc:A]< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Property Property PROP [person] owned [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Religion Religion RELI [person] was [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Residence Residence RESI [person] lived< [Desc]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>< [Date]>.
Soc Sec No SSN SSN [person] had Social Security Number [Desc].
LDS Baptism LDS Bapt BAPL [person] was baptized into the LDS Church< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS EndowmeLDS Endow ENDL [person] was endowed< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Seal to paLDS SealPar SLGC [person] was sealed to [person:hisher] parents< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Ancestral File AFN AFN [person] has Ancestral File Number [Desc].
Sheet1
Page 2
Reference No Ref # REFN [person] has reference number [Desc].
Caste Caste CAST [person] was associated with [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Title (Nobility) Title TITL [person] held the title of [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS ConfirmatLDS Conf CONL [person] was confirmed a member of the LDS Church< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Initiatory LDS Init WAC [person] received LDS initiatory< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage Marriage MARR [couple] <#Couple#was|were> married< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Annulment Annulment ANUL [couple] had their marriage annulled< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Divorce Divorce DIV [couple] <#Couple#was|were> divorced< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Divorce filed Div. filed DIVF [couple] filed for divorce< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Engagement Engagement ENGA [couple] <#Couple#was|were> engaged< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage BannMarr Bann MARB [couple] had marriage banns published< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage ContrMarr Contract MARC [couple] signed a marriage contract< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage Lice Marr Lic MARL [couple] obtained a marriage license< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage SettlMarr SettlemenMARS [couple] obtained a marriage settlement< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Seal to s LDS SealSp SLGS [couple] were sealed together< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Residence (famResidence (faRESI [couple] lived < [Desc]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>< [Date]>.
Census (familyCensus (fam) CENS [couple] appeared in the census< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Degree Degree EVEN [person] received a< [desc]> degree< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Military Military EVEN [person] served in the military< [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Mission Mission EVEN [person] served a mission< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Stillborn Stillborn EVEN [person] was stillborn< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Illness Illness EVEN [person] was ill< with [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Living Living EVEN [person] was living< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Election Elected EVEN [person] was elected< as [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
ExcommunicatExcomm EVEN [person] was excommunicated< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Namesake Namesake EVEN [person] was named after [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Separation Separation EVEN [couple] were separated< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Alternate namAlt. Name EVEN [person] was also known as [Desc]< [Date]>.
DNA test DNA _DNA [person] had a DNA test performed< [Date]>.
MiscellaneousMisc EVEN [person]< [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>

5 Likes

Wow BobC!! Thank you.

I’ve taken a look at several of my fact types and I know I did not create some of the fact types that are not grayed out. For instance, I know I did not create a Birth-Covt fact type–I don’t even know for what situation it was created. I need to do more research. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

RM’s built-in Fact types are editable, unlike RM’s built-in Source Templates. They are never grayed out.

There is no easy way in the RM user interface to determine which fact types have been added or edited, nor is there an easy way in the RM user interface to restore a given fact type to factory default. The only way I know of to see all the factory defaults is to create a new and empty RM database and look at its fact type list.

I haven’t tried it, but I suspect that if you did an import of fact type lists from a new and empty database that it might reset all the built-in fact types to factory default. But even if so, there still isn’t anything like a checkbox you can click to set a particular fact type back to factory default. You can do a manual reset of a particular fact type by copying and pasting the sentence for that fact type from a new and empty database into your current database, and by setting the enable/disable flag for narrative reports, GEDCOM, FGS, Description field, etc. according to your new and empty database. You would have to do the same for each fact type you wanted to reset if that was the way you did it.

Thanks Jerry. I was afraid of that.

Here’s a complete list of the built-in fact types with the sentences for Principal and shared roles (the SQLite query can be seen in the SQLite Tools for RootsMagic Forum):

Name Sentence
Adoption [person] was adopted< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Adoption-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the adoption of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Alternate name [person] was also known as [Desc]< [Date]>.
Ancestral File Number [person] has Ancestral File Number [Desc].
Annulment [couple] had their marriage annulled< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Annulment-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the annulment of the marriage of [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Baptism [person] was baptized< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Baptism-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the baptism of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Bar Mitzvah [person] celebrated his bar mitzvah< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Bar Mitzvah-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the bar mitzvah of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Bas Mitzvah [person] celebrated her bas mitzvah< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Bas Mitzvah-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the bas mitzvah of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Birth [person] was born< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Birth-Doctor [ThisPerson] delivered [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Birth-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the birth of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Blessing [person] was blessed< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Blessing-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the blessing of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Burial [person] was buried< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Burial-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the burial of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Caste [person] was associated with [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Caste-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the associated with [Desc] of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Census [person] appeared in the census< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Census (family) [couple] appeared in the census< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Census (family)-Witness [ThisPerson] appeared in the census in the household of [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Census-Witness [ThisPerson] appeared in the household of [person] in the census< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Christen [person] was christened< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Christen (adult) [person] was christened< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Christen (adult)-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the christening of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Christen-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the christening of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Confirmation [person] was confirmed< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Confirmation-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the confirmation of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Cremation [person] was cremated< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Cremation-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the cremation of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Death [person] died< [Desc]>< [Date]>< [person:Age]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Death-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the death of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Degree [person] received a< [desc]> degree< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Degree-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the degree of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Description [person] was described as [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Description-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the appearance of [person] as [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Divorce [couple] <#Couple#was
Divorce filed [couple] filed for divorce< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Divorce filed-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the divorce filing of [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Divorce-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the divorce of [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
DNA test [person] had a DNA test performed< [Date]>.
Education [person] was educated < [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Education-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the education of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Election [person] was elected< as [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Election-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the election of [person] as [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Emigration [person] emigrated< [Date]>< from [Place:plain]>< [PlaceDetails]>.
Emigration-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the emigration of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Engagement [couple] <#Couple#was
Engagement-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the engagement of [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Excommunication [person] was excommunicated< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Excommunication-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the excommunication of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
First communion [person] received first communion< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
First communion-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the first communion of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Graduation [person] graduated< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Graduation-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the graduation of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Illness [person] was ill< with [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Illness-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the illness of [person] with [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Immigration [person] immigrated< [Date]>< to [Place:plain]>< [PlaceDetails]>.
Immigration-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the immigration of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Baptism [person] was baptized into the LDS Church< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Baptism-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the baptism of [person] into the LDS Church< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Confirmation [person] was confirmed a member of the LDS Church< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Confirmation-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the confirmation of [person] as a member of the LDS Church< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Endowment [person] was endowed< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Endowment-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the endowment of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Initiatory [person] received LDS initiatory< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Initiatory-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the LDS initiatory of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Seal to parents [person] was sealed to [person:hisher] parents< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Seal to parents-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the sealed to parents of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Seal to spouse [couple] were sealed together< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
LDS Seal to spouse-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the sealing of [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Living [person] was living< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage [couple] <#Couple#was
Marriage Bann [couple] had marriage banns published< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage Bann-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the publishing of the marriage banns of [couple]<[Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage Contract [couple] signed a marriage contract< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage Contract-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the marriage contract of [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage License [couple] obtained a marriage license< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage License-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the obtaining of the marriage license by [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage Settlement [couple] obtained a marriage settlement< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage Settlement-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the marriage settlement of [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Marriage-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the marriage of [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Military [person] served in the military< [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Military-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the military service of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Miscellaneous [person]< [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Miscellaneous-Witness [person]< [Desc]>< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Mission [person] served a mission< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Mission-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the mission of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Namesake [person] was named after [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Nationality [person] was [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Nationality-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the nationality of [person] as [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Naturalization [person] was naturalized< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Naturalization-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the naturalization of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Occupation [date] [person] was [Desc:A]< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Occupation-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the occupation of [person]< [Date]> as [Desc:A]< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Ordination [person] was ordained< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Ordination-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the ordination of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Probate [person] had [person:hisher] estate probated< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Probate-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the probate of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Property [person] owned [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Property-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the property of [person] as [Desc:A]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Reference No [person] has reference number [Desc].
Religion [person] was [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Religion-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the religion of [person] as [Desc:A]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Residence [person] lived< [Desc]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>< [Date]>.
Residence (family) [couple] lived < [Desc]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>< [Date]>.
Residence-Witness [ThisPerson] lived in the residence of [person] < [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>< [Date]>.
Retirement [person] retired< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Retirement-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the retirement of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Separation [couple] were separated< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Separation-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the separation of [couple]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Soc Sec No [person] had Social Security Number [Desc].
Stillborn [person] was stillborn< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Stillborn-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the stillbirth of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Title (Nobility) [person] held the title of [Desc]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Will [person] signed a will< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Will-Executor [ThisPerson] was named an executor for the will of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Will-Heir [ThisPerson] was named an heir in the will of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
Will-Witness [ThisPerson] witnessed the will of [person]< [Date]>< [PlaceDetails]>< [Place]>.
1 Like

Oh my! Thank you so much Tom! How very wonderful of you to do this. I have printed this and will keep it in my RM notebook. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Interesting, because I don’t get any of the “Witness” facts when I create a new empty RM8 database using 8.1.2 and SQLite Expert 5.4 against the Fact Type table.

The Witness or shared roles are in the Role Table. My SQLite query is in the link I added to the post.

I have used SQL for many years, many more years than I have used SQLite. Even after all these years it can sometimes be hard for me to remember that the data you expect to see in a given table may not be in that table at all. Instead, the data may be in a different table that must be joined to the table that might logically considered to “contain” the data.

For example, facts in RM can have roles, and different facts can have different numbers of roles. But that doesn’t have to mean that that the roles are in the fact table. Because there can be a variable number of roles for a fact, there is almost a 100% guarantee that the roles won’t be stored in the fact table.

Relational databases don’t do variable number of data elements as a variable number of columns within a row. Instead, they join with another table which has a variable number of rows for the variable number of data elements. The rule to remember is “fixed number of columns, variable number of rows”.

I start my facts with a special character such as a . * # or any other special character. This places them at the top. They also have their own sorting order.

I also do this with custom source templates.

I have created lots of special Fact Types and Source Templates of my own. Like Gpetranek, I name them with the first character a checkmark (√ = Alt-251) which puts them at the top and alphabetizes them.

In fact, all my sources are self-created ones, even full copies of RM Created ones. That way, all the source types I actually use are grouped at the top of the template list in alphabetic order so I don’t have to scroll through the huge list of original source templates to find one. This is sort of like the “Favorites” marked with a √.

To document what I created for sentences and source templates, I simply take a screen shot of a new source template opened in edit mode, crop the screen shot down to the template box, and save it to a folder called “RM8 Source & Citation Templates.” I then open a sample citation using that new template and do the same (screenshot, crop, and save). Here is an example of ones I developed for DNA matches and Ancestry ThruLines:
√DNA Autosomal Match – Structure.pdf
√DNA Autosomal Match – Sample.pdf
√DNA Autosomal Match – Export.rmst
√DNA Ancestry Thrulines – Structure.pdf
√DNA Ancestry Thrulines – Sample.pdf
√DNA Ancestry Thrulines – Export.rmst

You will notice that the file extension “.rmst” is an export copy of the template. All three are stored together in the same folder. In case I later mess up a template or have to re-create it, I can import my original .rmst template to recover it. I also print the structure and sample as a pair and keep it in a notebook. You will be surprised how often you can re-use snippets of footnotes and bibliographic entries to create new templates.

I did all this in RM7 and now RM8. Works great.

1 Like

One to many, many to one :slightly_smiling_face: