Links to Place Locations

In the Places tab, I can specify a Latitude & Longitude, which if I then switch to the Mapping mode it displays the location in a nice map. This is a great feature, however, I would like to be able to access this from the People tab. So I click on an Individual and then on a specific Fact eg Birth and if there is a Place/Place Details associated with this Fact that also has an associated Latitude/Longitude and it then pops up a map of the place in a similar fashion to what happens in the Places tab.

Is this possible? If so how do I go about it, I can’t see anything obvious.

If not do people think it would be a good feature to have and if so how likely is it to be implemented and how do I request it?

Since I work mainly in the Individual view (with all the facts and associated sources) I would like to be able to view locations (where configured) in the same way that I can click on an associated image and have that appear in a seperate window.

You can view of map of the fact place but it takes several clicks. Highlight a fact, click on the place spyglass + icon which will open a window of several places. Then click on the associated place row and click “View Online”. A map will open.

Yes you can, a bit long winded, but that is not really what I was wanting. Maybe I didn’t make myself clear, sorry, it is a map for the actual “place details” that I want to appear eg. Place = “Rothwell, Yorkshire” … Pace Details = “Holy Trinity Church.”.

There doesn’t seem to be a way of doing that, as you have described in your previous post, which would be nice, but it would be even better to just have a button at the side of the the Place Details that you click on and the maps is displayed.

The code is already in RM8 to do this, since it can be done from the Mapping mode of the Places tab, so I can’t see that it would be much of a strecth to add this to the Place Details in the People view.

Actually, after further investigation, it doesn’t seem to work how I envisaged it (or would like it) to work. You cannot click on the Place Details in the Places tab and get it to display a map, only the general place. … Shame.