How do I list records with web hints

List of records with web hints

That’s not the way Web hints work. You really can’t make a list of people or facts with Web hints.

The way WebHints work is that in Family View or Pedigree View, RM sends queries out over the Internet for all the people that are currently shown in that view. The query is sent to the sites you have enabled, and the four possibilities you might have enabled are FamilySearch, Ancestry, MyHeritage, and FindMyPast. Those sites then respond or not with hints for those people. If RM receives any responses, it displays the responses on your screen as WebHints.

As you change who is displayed on the screen, RM will then send out new queries. So it all depends on who is currently on your screen and on whether and how the sites respond.

1 Like

Thank you for your very prompt and clear reply, if somewhat disappointing. My tree is quite small compared to some but I can only display 6 generations on the screen. Maybe, this should be a request for a new feature?

On ancestry there is a list of all web hints that have not yet been approved for a specific tree on ancestry.
You can filter that list according to date, surname or given name of the people in your tree. You can also distinguish between photos, stories, census or other members trees.