Filter on FamilySearch has unexpected impact

I have just been experimenting filtering FamilySearch centry by groups (thanks to @alainemk). Having finished my experiments, I moved on to other things.

A little later I was looking at someone in the FamilyScreen and wanted to compare their data with FamilySearch. I clicked on the blue icon as usual

and was surprised to find that I was taken to a completely different person

In retrospect, it is easy to see what has happened; RM is taking me to FamilySearch Central, applying the filter that I last used, and, not finding the person that I was looking for, taking me to the first person in the list.

I don’t think that this is what should happen. If I click on a person’s FS icon, RM should take me to the share data or find matches screen for that person.

What it should do with left panel is a little more complicated. Personally, I would prefer to see a list of the person’s parents, siblings, spouses and children so that I can move to share data for them too. If, separately, I go in via FamilySearch central, then I think it is appropriate to present me with a list of all people and allow me to filter it.

Edit

The last point is obviously an enhancement suggestion, separate from the main point of the post. Putting this suggestion to one side, RM should probably show everyone in the panel, removing the filter.

Alan

The filter not clearing between sessions has been reported to development.

Thank you for this Renee.