Cannot open Personal Historian 3 on MacOS

As part of the Holiday Offer from 2020, I received keys for PH3 and tried to install today having successfully installed RM8.

The programs installs OK but when trying to open (using Ctl+Click) the system seems to hang and then my screen goes blank and the restarts. I cannot launch PH3. My system is iMac 10.15 and the RM8 launches and runs fine.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

I have the same problem, running on iMac, OS Big Sur 11.6.
From the download page for PH3, it looks like the Mac version is only supported on “macOS Mountain Lion (10.8) through macOS Mojave (10.14)”
https://www.rootsmagic.com/Personal-Historian/

Once again, Mac users are shafted. Mojave 10.14 is quite a bit out of date.

1 Like

Oh, so they managed to get RM7 working with an updated wrapper before RM8 was released - this was to make RM7 work on 64-bit devices. Why not do PH3 at the same time - as I understand the wrapper is provided by a third party.

@rzamor1 - can you please shed some light on where us Mac users are supposed to go now.

1 Like

I, too, bought PH3 back in Oct '21 and decided to start using it today. I experienced the exact same thing! I’m now running Monterey 12.4. You’d think after all these months, the issue would have been fixed. So frustrating!!

2 Likes