AV Error 10.0.2.0 - even on an empty db

Hi all.
Since updating to the latest version I get the above errors, consistently. I am now at a point where I cant do anything with my db, or backups thereof.
Even an empty db produces the error.
Win 10 (latest updates) laptop, single monitor.

Is the database inside of any folder syncing to the cloud, like Dropbox, OneDrive or GoogleDrive?

Hi Renee, no it’s all local physical drive (SSD) and not included in any synched folders.
Have also moved the data to another physical drive just in case.
The exceptions pop up even on mouse movements over the application and can cascade quite quickly.
To exit, I traverse round outside the rm window then back in near the X button… hold down escape and click frantically for the 5 pixels to the button to avoid doing taskman>end task.

I am trying to reconstruct the file from the various gedcoms used to add the data to see if some data in one of the gedcoms (notes is always a troublesome field) is causing an exception by creating bad sqlite arguments due to odd characters.
Thanks.
Rob

regards
Robert France
0437 018 172
3 Cressy Street, Goulburn NSW 2580
Australia
Robert.J.France@GMail.com

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling RM ?

If moving the mouse over the application with no database open immediately after starting it causes the error, then it has nothing to do with SQLite. It sounds more like a corrupted app or OS or incompatible device driver or something else in your platform (which is?).

One idea: find the RootsMagic user.xml file and rename it before starting RM the next time. A new one with default settings will be created.

1 Like