Auto Correct in Notes

I am seriously into Medieval Genealogy. In RM7 I used “auto correct” as short cuts. For example in RM7, I could type “hna” in a person’s general not and it would auto correct that to: “Her parents were not recorded, she is listed with her husband’s surname.” or “acv” is auto corrected to “Augusta County, Virginia”. That county figures prominently in my early American ancestry. Is there an auto correct feature somewhere that I have not yet discovered.
Curious in Texas

Are you sure that was a feature of RM7 and not some hotkey
utility that you were using with RM7? If the latter, have you tried using it with RM9? Or are you on a new or different computer from the one that had RM7 which does not have that utility?

RM7 Spellcheck you could go deep into the options and setup a Replace - With in the dictionary for auto-correct. RM9 uses the Windows spellcheck and I do not know where those settings are. If those settings were found you would still need to run spellcheck in RM and select the replacement. There is no auto-correct in RM9.

Yes, I am sure that RM7 has an auto correct. I bought this computer in 2019. It’s the same one I have been using for five years. RM7 uses a custom dictionary. For example, is I type sc, tx, scc, ts and so forth when I run spell check those are changed in RM7 to SC, TX, South Carolina, and Texas. It sure makes notes go much quicker.

That worked once, but only once. There is no way to automate it. For example, is I type sc, tx, scc, ts and so forth when I run spell check those are changed in RM7 to SC, TX, South Carolina, and Texas. It sure makes notes go much quicker.

So far, I have not regretted changing from RM7 to RM9. However, not having an auto correct function is, for me, a major step backwards.

Ky

You could try saving the text you were replacing with auto-correct into the Windows Clipboard (Windows+V). Copy the text and pin it to the clipboard. Then use the key command Windows+V to open and select the text you want in that location.

Renee,
I know. I have the same auto corrections in MS Word. I’ll just type my notes in Word, copy them and paste them in RM9. It is just an extra step. I’m sure getting rid of Auto Correct made sense to some programmer somewhere, but to a historian who has had Amazon publishing 50 three-volume books with 4,000-6,000 footnotes and 500,000 words is a pain in the keester. It’s truly a step backwards.
Ky