Want to move Roots Magic from windows to mac

I actually understand virtualization quite well and it actually works just fine on Macs. If one is running Rootsmagic 7 in a virtual environment, then there is not likely to be any concerns in regards to Malware. It isn’t like Crossover or Parellels is running constantly.

Yes, Mojave is the last version to run the wrapper, however, you note that I said that they would need to get their own copy of Crossover or whatever other virtualization software they want. That means that they can install the plain old Windows version of the software and run it. They don’t need the Mac wrapped version. I know this, because I have done it.

1 Like

I am sooo tired of hearing @Rooty keep going on and on about how the Windows OS is a flaming pile of rubbish that is full of malware, breaks, etc. 74% of desktop users use it, Desktop os chart so it can’t be that bad.

We all understand that he has some deep-seated dislike of Windows, but none of this forum’s posters are going to be persuaded to jump from Windows to mac, or vice versa because of some random poster’s rants.

So let’s give it a rest.

3 Likes