Relationship Chart - can you add places as well as the dates?

Typical New Zealand! A lady I have known here for a few years turns out to be my sixth cousin through a Scottish family. Her family have been in in New Zealand since 1863 and mine since 1957!

I can print out the Relationship Chart between us with no problem but I would love to be able to show that hers were in New Zealand long before mine.

Thanks
Christine

3 Likes

@Sooty – there have been a lot of comments on here abt charts and reports NOT working right
and I think this MIGHT be one of those things…
Under Relationship Charts, it has
INCLUDE PRIVATE FACTS-- so according to this, you should be able to go to the person’s edit page and
and use the fact LIVING – put in the dates and where-- then mark it as PRIVATE ( scroll down below PRIMARY) and it should work BUT it’s NOT working for me…

I know I will get slammed by somebody for saying this BUT I AM ASSUMING YOU ONLY NEED IT LONG ENOUGH TO PRINT A RELATIONSHIP REPORT-- in that case, you could put it as part of their name for a brief amount of time such as Leo J ( New Zealand 1863) Martin and Sooty ( New Zealand 1957) Jones and that would print-- then change the names back without the info and include it in your notes and hopefully they will fix the problem

Wow - this forum is great - I’ll have a try (maybe not today - our book club Christmas Party) - and let you know how I get on
Thanks so much

1 Like

@Sooty After I went to bed, I was thinking abt this and came up with another way that MIGHT
work better–AGAIN I AM ASSUMING YOU ONLY NEED IT LONG ENOUGH TO PRINT A RELATIONSHIP REPORT–instead of putting Leo J ( New Zealand 1863) Martin and Sooty ( New Zealand 1957) Jones put Leo J Martin 1863 New Zealand and Sooty Jones 1957 New Zealand with the last names being Martin 1863 New Zealand and Jones 1957 New Zealand-- generate your report and then save the report to your computer/lap top-- you should then be able to open the report you saved and edit the report from there-- moving the date/ New Zealand down one line below the person’s names --only problem is I am not sure what to use to edit it–
a 2nd way but don’t add New Zealand and the dates is you can save it as a pdf and if you don’t pay for all the extra bells and whistles, click on Fill and Sign-- then pick the icon AB-- it will open a box where you can put New Zealand and the date–then center and resize the box and insert it-- then print it…