Making a new tree branch

Hello Is it possible to make a new tree branch(pun intended) in RM9 out of the original tree without having to reload to Ancestry and split the tree there,and why on RM9 do I get a unknown spouse on the tree’s when there isn’t one
Thanks

If I am understanding what you are asking, yes you can split a tree in RM 9— so say I wanted to have separate branches for my family and my hubby’s family-- I would REMOVE myself from my hubby–giving me 2 separate branches–or I could remove myself from my parents–either way would work
BUT I am NOT sure how this would workout on Ancestry the next time you used tree share…

Check to see if there is a child attached to the unknown spouse–if so, you need to remove the child from this set of parents and attach him to the right parents ( some suggest you attach him to the right parents then remove him from the unknown spouse)— once you have the child removed, you need to name the Unknown spouse-- something like delete or get rid of-- then DELETE them-- don’t know why BUT you can’t delete an unknown spouse-- you have to give them a name…
Same procedure would apply if there is just an unknown spouse without kids…
BEFORE YOU DELETE ANYTHING – make sure that you check for facts and notes under the unknown spouse as there may be info there that is NOT under the other parent…

As for why it happens, the possibilities are endless BUT it MIGHT have been add from Ancestry, you could have added it without knowing it…

BEFORE SPLITTING THE BRANCH OR DELETING ANYONE-- make sure you have a back-up of your file…

1 Like

thanks nkess,just found it strange about the spouses,there isn’t any link as far as I am aware,and it seems to be coming up on a few people