It’s here! Presenting RootsMagic 8

We are thrilled to announce the official release of RootsMagic 8, the latest version of the award-winning genealogy software which makes researching, organizing, and sharing your family history easy and enjoyable. With the release comes an update to the free “RootsMagic Essentials” product, as well as a limited-time discount offer for both new and existing users.

Built For the Future

RootsMagic 8 is the biggest release in our 30-year history. We’ve rewritten RootsMagic to support the latest genealogical technologies available today while building a foundation for future functionality that would have been impossible with our older code.

Impressive New Features

RootsMagic 8 boasts an impressive list of new features including an all-new interface that supports easily switching between different types of information without losing your place, the ability to edit multiple persons at the same time, native Windows and Mac support, reusable citations, a completely rewritten report engine, and the ability to save reports directly to Word (.docx) or Excel (.xlsx) files. (read more)

2 Likes

Congratulations !!

Looking forward to getting started on building up my family history. Have been exploring around with RM7 but have been waiting for RM8 so I could benefit from a full Mac application.

Where’s the help I have a version 7 RootMagic file, but not sure how to input a RootMagic 8! Went back in and saw the import version, now to play around.

Congratulations!

(When will the CD-ROM be available? I’ve sometimes had to reinstall RM7 - computers…)

Got the message about the webinar being on Oct 1, 2021 12:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada).
I assumed this did not mean DST as it said Mountain Time. I live in Arizona and we don’t do DST, we are on Mountain Standard time all year. Fortunately I did check in shortly after 11 am and saw you were already on. Looks like some great updates.