Adjusting column width in index

In my index the died column to the right is “hidden”. I can’t seem to be able to reduce the name colum width to bring it back. Quick help please.
Rob

You don’t want to mess with the Name column. First, try putting your cursor on the edge of the scroll bar to the right of the Born column, when it turns into a two headed arrow, try moving it back and forth to see if Died appears. If not then put cursor on the line to the right of the scroll bar until it turns into a two headed arrow, click and drag to the right, then adjust your index accordingly.

I tried both suggestions. First the Name column just got wider or narrower and second the birth column just got wider or narrower, but still no sign of the Died column that should be there. My other RM file is OK. Anyone else with a clue?

Hover your mouse pointer over the vertical divider/slider bar that runs the full height of the program screen… a double arrow cursor will appear. Click and hold the left mouse button while dragging that vertical bar way to the right.You should see both columns for Born and Died. Again hover your mouse, this time over the vertical line just to the left of the column heading Born until you see that double arrow cursor and then double-click the left mouse button. This adjusts the column to “content width”. Do the same to the left of the column heading Died. Finally, drag the full height slider back to the left towards Name column.

Thank you but there is no sign of the died column, just wider or narrower Name and Born columns. Never had this problem before and it hasn’t occurred in my other file. Might ask for online help.
Cheers
Rob

OK, Click and hold the left mouse button while dragging the vertical line just to the right of the column heading Born. Keep doing a slow series of those and the Born column will slide left and out from under the Died column.

Now I have lost both the Born and Died column so tomorrow I’ll go for on- line help.

Rob