Siblings not in birth date order

Usually, RM8 puts a new sibling in the correct place in the list, but I recently added a birth date to an existing sibling but he has not moved to the appropriate place in the list. I tried re-entering the birth date but with the same result.

Dennis,
Check out Rearrange children from the Palette (top right).
Alternately if you want to manipulate the order, enter a specific sort date

1 Like

I would question the premise that RM8 usually puts a new sibling in the list. RM7 certainly did not, and my experience is that RM8 also does not do so. Rather, RMx seems to enter siblings into your database in the order you type them in. If you don’t type them in in order, then you will need to rearrange them.

I wonder if you may have just been lucky and have been entering siblings in the correct order.

1 Like

You can also rearrange children in the panel under the Spouses tab without going to the Palette

1 Like

Thanks to both of you.

Are you using the Rearrange Children feature and this is not working? Because if you are, I had the same problem and Renee figured out what was happening. I had inadvertently added a totally different date in the Sort Date feature which was preventing the program from sorting the actual birth date and was using the sort date to arrange the children.

1 Like