Search descendants of a person with a DNA match association

I’ve created associations for each DNA testing company, i.e. “DNA Match - 23&me”, “DNA Match - AncestryDNA”, “DNA Match - GED Match”, etc.). In my research I’ve identified Most Recent Common Ancestors (MRCA) between individuals and myself. Now I would like to be able to find all descendants of that MRCA who have a matching DNA test result from a particular company. How would I approach this? Thanks!

Not sure I can answer your question – Using RootsMagic? What sites do you use? Such Ancestry and My Heritage and have you uploaded your results to multiple platforms? This can also get tricky as the path is not always accurate due to many reasons.

Yes, using RM9.
I’ve had DNA tests at both 23&me and Ancestry.com. I’ve uploaded the results to MyHeritage, GEDMatch, & FamilyTreeDNA.

I want to identify all the descendants of a MRCA in my RM database who have had a DNA test done so that I can perform further investigation using the WATO tool on dnapainter.com

Knowing nothing about how your associations have been entered. Creating Groups and/or Color coding would provide flexibility to preserve your aims. Assuming there aren’t too many MRCAs, Here’s the gist:

Groups > (+) > Add New Group > Name: Untested > Type: Save criteria > Set criteria > Select field > Association > description > is blank > OK (this can and should be adjusted to add Association > description > not equal to > DNA Match - 23&me OR > Association > description > not equal to > “DNA Match - AncestryDNA OR …etc. - it’ll be tricky because any other Association description contents will affect selections)*

Groups > (+) > Add New Group > Name: MRCA#1_Name_Here - Tested Descendants > Type: Free-form > Select people > RootsMagic Explorer > Search > MRCA#1_Surname, MRCA#1 Given > Checkmark that Individual > Mark > Descendant Options > Make selection and adjust Generations > OK > All descendants of checkmarked individual are now marked > Unmark > Saved searches > Untested > Select > Save

Groups > (+) > Add New Group > Name: MRCA#2_Name_Here - Tested Descendants > Type: Free-form > Select people > RootsMagic Explorer > Search > MRCA#2_Surname, MRCA#2 Given > Checkmark that Individual > Mark > Descendant Options > Make selection and adjust Generations > OK > All descendants of checkmarked individual are now marked > Unmark > Saved searches > Untested > Select > Save

Repeat for all MRCAs

Thanks!!!
I don’t need to set these up permanently. I just need to create a list periodically of those descendants of an MRCA that have been tested. So far I’m using the RM Association feature only for DNA Matches. So I can just create an Individual List Report, select the descendants of an MRCA and Unmark those where the association description “is blank.”

I was unable to get it to work using a “containing” criteria. Ideally, instead of using the assoc description is blank criteria to unmark descendants, I could just enter a criteria of does not contain “DNA Match” and that would remove those individuals that haven’t had a DNA Result from the population of descendants of the MRCA.

OK, I figured it out by looking at the data in the FAN table. For each DNA tested person, I put “sharing xx cM across xx segments” in the description field. So, after selecting the descendants of an MRCA, I can unselect those with a description containing “sharing”.

Thanks so much for your insight in getting it to work!!!