Media Filename Pasting produces an eight times repeated version

Notepad strips formatting characters. The quotes are not formatting characters so Notepad assumes them be belong.

1 Like

As I stated above, using RootsMagic
File->Open a Rootsmagic file->Browse for File
ALREADY
handles filepaths pasted with or without quotes
CORRECTLY

I concluded last Friday that manually deleting the double quotes was going to be my chosen method for now. As you point out, it is easy to do. I’m keeping an open mind on CopyPathPath and Agent Ransack as alternate solutions that have additional features, too.

My beef is this: It took a quite while before I noticed that the 8x repeat was happening; then time spent finding the cause; then spending time trying to figure out what records had corrupted entries; and then fixing them. How many other users have fallen into the trap?

My point of view is that if Windows File Manager gives a copy-as-path feature and the Windows clipboard pastes that result with double quotes, then applications should deal with that reality. I strongly support your request to strip out the quotes. Thank you, Renee. Will you report back when you can?

–Jim

PS: As far as this being a Windows problem, I disagree. I’ve tested with my workhorse Windows 10 and also with a new laptop preinstalled with Windows 11. The double quotes issue was the same.

1 Like

I think what you are saying is that since RM already handles the quotes for RM databases then it also should be able handle the quotes for media files?

Yes, seemingly, there must be some added internal Delphi component in use for media functionality.