So I have one database with many separate “trees” in the database. There is one “tree” that I would like to separate into its own database. What is the easiest way to do this?
For each separate tree You would like to separate into its own database:
- Create a new separate database
- Choose Tools (or Command Pallette)->Count Trees->Highlight a Start Person->Click Go to tree
- With your mouse pointer, drag that Start Person out of source database across to new database window.
- Answer<- Who do you want to copy with ->Everyone in the same tree as Start Person.
- Rinse. Repeat for all Trees.
Thank you! This worked perfectly!
It may not be perfect but is the best way for a non-technical person. Some things are lost along the way…
Tom, In what you referenced it says under:
“Full” Transfer to an Empty Database
… following are lost:
Standardized Place Name and Abbreviated Place Name
Can you expand on what exactly is lost?
Edit a Place and you will see three name fields, two of which are not transferable.