Color Codes and MyRootsMagic

Feature request to be able to choose which colour set applies/not have a set apply when publishing to MyRootsMagic. Alternatively, it would be great if the set in current use in the database was applied when publishing - at the moment, the first colour set is automatically applied when publishing to MRM.

Additionally, about half of the colours are not showing on MyRootsMagic. I marked them below and hope they’ll be visible on MRM soon!

Pink
Apricot
Lemon
Chartreuse
Mint
Aqua
Azure
Mauve
Silver
Red
Orange
Yellow
Lime
Green
Turquoise
Blue
Purple
Grey
Maroon
Brown
Khaki
Olive
Forest
Teal
Navy
Aubergine
Slate

The MyRootsMagic.com website suuports the RM7 database, not later versions. RM7 has but one color code set which has only 14 or so color codes. That color code set corresponds to RM9’s set #1 and RM9 has more color codes than RM7. Moreover, some of the first 14 color numbers (that’s how the colors are represented in the database) were reassigned to different colors in RM9.

RM Inc will have to redevelop MyRootsMagic.com to more fully support RM9 colorcoding (and other new or changed features such as Associates).

1 Like

Ah, didn’t realize that its support is from RM7. Thanks for letting me know!

I hope MyRootsMagic gets some new support and updates - it was the main selling point for me.