I’m not sure if this has been reported before, there seems to be some sort of issue with RM8 updating Source Citations in Ancestry via Treeshare.
A brief chronology:
- My RM8 tree was transferred and converted from RM7 with a working link with an Ancestry tree. All is and was working properly.
- Over time I have since been tidying up a lot of my Sources and Citations and wanted to see how these were reflected in the changes fed through into Ancestry by Treeshare. They don’t seem to be.
- Decided it was time to refresh by deleting the old Ancestry tree and uploading a new one from RM8.
- Fine so far However some of the Citations still didn’t look quite right and among other things included control characters like ‘< i >’ interpreted as plain text. So tweaked the RM8 Sources again and repeated the exercise to create another new Ancestry tree.
- This time quite a few Citations were missing. Repeated the exercise again and ALL the citations were missing fom the Ancestry tree. The Sources were there and could be accessed from a drop down list to create citations manually, but no citations linking these with facts were transferred from RM8.
Fortunately I was able to restore RM8 back to a point immediately prior to step 3 above with managably limited losses, and creating a new Ancestry tree at this point once more included all of the citations.
Has anybody else experienced a similar issue, and is there another solution? It didn’t appear to be a problem in RM7 so it seems to be specifically an RM8 ‘undocumented feature’.