Ancestry Syncing / Note Feature

For many years my profession was automating manual processes. Those who say that trying to automate the process completely would probably lead to significant problems are, in my experience, definitely right.

But this is no excuse at all for doing nothing to improve a process that is far, far, far, far more manually intensive than it needs to be.

Some time ago, I posted a reasoned proposal for improving treeshare. I set myself the target of cutting out 90% of the manual work and set out to determine how it could be done safely, without introducing any risk of the sorts of errors that other write of and in stages which would make implementation easier. This is the sort of thing that I was once paid an awful lot of money to do and which was eagerly implemented by people who wanted to improve efficiency.

Unfortunately here it has been met with resounding silence. After a few months’ more experience, I might make a few small changes - for example I have learnt more about the way in which treeshare leads to database corruption. But I stand by the suggestions overall.

I am convinced that they are practical, realistic and not too difficult to do and that they would lead to a very much better product for Rootsmagic users.

If anyone wants to explore or debate the ideas, I would be happy to engage in a discussion.