Sourcing Miscellaneous Bible Pages

I have a photocopy of a typed page with the following information at the top “These BIBLE Entries are taken from official copies of these Bibles which are to be found among the papers on the shelves of the Richland County Library, Columbia, S.C. …”

The information on the photocopy are Births, Deaths, Marriages, etc.

How best to create a “source” for this data? At this time, I do not know who has the original Bibles and I do not know the date the information was typed.

I plan to treat it as unproven information until I can get more information on the Original Bibles.

Thanks,

John

1 Like

First, I’m not sure what an “official copy” of a bible is.
Second, living near Columbia, SC, I can tell you that the Richland County Library has 13 locations, so the physical location of the bible is not known from your photocopy.
Finally, for the citation, Evidence Explained by Elizabeth Shown Mills has a section titled “3.26 Bible Pages, Loose, from Unidentified Bible” that has an explanation and examples for creating a citation of the photocopies you have.
I highly recommend Evidence Explained. It is essential for your personal genealogy library.
Rich

1 Like

Hi Rich,
Thanks for the quick reply. I have reached out to the main Richland County Library to see if they have any additional information of the Bible pages. I will also refer to my copy of Evidence Explained. Thanks again, it is appreciated. I consider this question answered.

John