Updating Ancestry tree via RM8 link

I’ve noticed in RM8 that when updating my tree on Ancestry via the RM link, that it is a bit different than RM7. In the older version, the program checks the tree for changes and lists everyone that needs to be updated. Then, when you accept all the updates for a particular person, that individual is removed from the list after the updates are made to Ancestry. With RM8, that person still stays on the list and then it requires an additional mouse click to say “no changes needed.” Yeah, I know, a minor annoyance, but I did like the way that RM7 already took care of removing the person from the update list. Any chance of fixing that?

1 Like

As in RM7, RM8 has a setting to enable that behavior. In the Settings tab, sixth icon over (the lightbulb) for Webhint settings, you will find that option in the Ancestry section. Perhaps when you imported your RM7 file, this setting didn’t transfer.

1 Like

Thanks, I just noticed that! Funny thing, I had that box checked originally, but then when RM8 auto-installed an update, I’m thinking that the setting changed. All fixed now!!

1 Like